Thursday 19 April 2012

Draft Versions - Contents Page

This is my first draft for my contents page. I have asked several of my fellow pupils to comment on the page.  From their comments, I will know what to improve or alter on the contents page.

Draft 1






Number 1
The layout of the contents page is attractive and well presented. I think that the layout is very clear and is easy to follow for the audience. I like how the key image clearly tells the audience that it is the most important story. The key image also has a sense of intimidation, which I feel works well with the genre of the magazine. The images that have been used are good however, I think that the the first image and the last image are very similar. Although a different location is used, it is still a mid shot of a model. I think that a different image should be used, if a close up or two shot is avalible then that should be used. I like how the main stories under the 'Features' stand out due to the red text. I think that the colours that have been used work well as they contrast with eachother to stand out to the audience, and are the same as those used on the cover page.

Number 2
I like the images that have been used. I think that they work well to make the page attractive and vibrant. Some of the images are quite similar, I think that one of the images needs to be changed just to show a complete variety in images. Some more copy needs to be added to the information of the pages, to give the audience more information and encourage them to go to the pages. The copy under the 'Plus' need to be put inline with the key images borders and the black block underneath that. This would make the page look neat and proffestional, having all of the copy in line would make it look professtional. I really like the key image that has been used. It makes it clear to the audience what the main story of the magazine is. I like how the headings that are red tells the audience what the secondary important stories in the magazine are.

Number 3
I like the way that the copy for the important stories are in red. I do think that all of the headings should be made bold, so that they stand out to the audience and is clear that they are seperate from the informatoin. The borders around the images work well to seperate them from the copy around them. I think that the last image is to similar to the image at the top. The location is different which works well but the mid shot makes it the same. I think that the colour that have been used work well to make the copy stand out to the audience. Some of the copy needs to be moved around to put it in line with the key image and other images. By having the copy in line and neat, it makes the page and copy clear and look proffestional.

What changes I intend to do
After evaluating the comments made by the my fellow pupils, there are several alterations that need to be made in order to improve my contents page. These improvments include, making the headings bold so that they stand out to the audience and seperates the headings from the rest of the copy. I need to change the image at the bottom of the page, as it is to similar to the other images. I am going to swap it with a two shot I have taken, this will mean that a variety of images are being used. The copy will need to be justified so that it is in line with the key image, this will the page neat and the copy clear, easy to read and attractive. I will add some more copy into the information so that the page looks more appealing as there is no dead space.

No comments:

Post a Comment