Monday 16 April 2012

Further Research on Contents Pages

I decided that the contents pages that I have analysed, do not show a variety of images, which is one of the main aspects needed to reach to top marks. For this reason, I looked in more depth at hip/hop related magazines and found some that show several images on a page, instead of just one. Below I have shown the other contents pages.


Below are three examples of other hip/hop related contents pages:

                               

Now that I have completed some more research into contents pages with more than one image, I will be including more than one image in my own work. From the research that I have completed, there are some aspects and components that are used. These include the main story having a key image that takes up the majority of the page and is the focal point of the page for the audience. The page numbers and headings are bold, so that they stand out to the audience. I am going to try and incorporate the black block into my work, as I feel that it splits the images and the text well and makes the page look neat. The masthead will be in a large, bold font, across the top of the page. The logo of the magazine can be included on the page; 
I will try this in my work, as I feel it works well with the overall layout of the page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment