Thursday 19 April 2012

Draft Versions - Double Page Spread

This is my first draft version of my double page spread. I have asked several of my fellow pupils to comment on my work, so that I can improve and alter my work.

Draft 1


Number 1
The key image on this page is very good. I like the model is looking straight at the audience, it incourages me as the audience to read the interview. I think that the quote is very strong, I like how 'YOU' is underlined to enforce that the artist is talking directly to the audience. I think that the quote could be larger and wrapped around the image, this would mean that the quote was more eye-catching and clearer to the audience. 'Lil Frenzy' stands out well with the rest of the copy. It is clear and matches the type of font that was used on the cover page. I think that the introduction at the top of the page, is clear and easy to read. I think that it works well to incourage the audience to read the rest of the interview. I like how the title goes down the side of the page and runs the full length of the page. It is very eye-catching and would be intriguing to the audience.

Number 2
I like how the masthead of the interview runs down the full length of the page. It makes the page attractive and intriguing to the audience as it stands out to the audience. I think that it could be slightly thicker so that it stands out more to the audience. The copy is clear and I think that the overall layout looks proffestional. I like the key image that has been used. I like how he is looking at the audience. The stern face that he has works well as it indicates that the magazine is hip/hop well. The quote next to the key image is clear, I think that it could be larger just so that it stands out more to the audience.

Number 3
The introduction at the beginning of the interview looks really clear and works well to incourage the audience into reading the rest of the interview. The masthead is attractive and works well to intrigue the audience into reading the interview. The key image is good as I feel it uses gaze theory and meets the convention of hip/hop magazines. The way that the model is looking straight towards the audience is intriguing. I like how he intrigues the audience by having the model looking at the audience, but also how he is pointing straight at the audience. I think the use of depth-of-field works well to make the image more attractive. I think that the masthead could be made thicker to stand out. I also think the quote should be larger so that it is more eye-catching.

What I intend to do
After evaluating the comments made by my fellow pupils, there are some changes and alterations that need to be made to improve the double page spread. I must make the quote next to the key image larger so that it stands out more to the audience and is more eye-cathcing. The same must be done for the masthead going down the side of the page. I will make larger, bolder or thicker so that it stands out more to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment