Monday 23 April 2012

Evaluation - Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Before the preliminary task I had basic understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator in order to produce media products. During this time, I was also gaining some knowledge in photography and how to take photos at a professional level. My lack of photography knowledge can be seen in the lack of studio shots from the preliminary task. However, at the start of the main task I had a much stronger knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. My skills in photography had also rapidly grown in the lead up to the Main task. At the start of this task, I had a stronger knowledge and was able to produce a much stronger finished product. 


Through looking over my preliminary task and with the help of my fellow pupils, I feel that I have got a much stronger understanding of Indesign. InDesign was used to create the layout of the magazine. After the completion of the main task, I now feel able and comfortable in creating a realistic and professional media product. From the previous preliminary task and from GCSE media, I had a basic knowledge of Illustrator. Now that I have spent some more time practising with the program, once again, I feel that I am now comfortable in creating graphics and text at a professional standard. 


My photography for this task was a lot stronger, which is shown throughout the cover, contents and double page spread. The use of the studio allowed me to manipulate the image easier in photoshop. I feel that photography itself made the product a lot stronger. An example would be the use of depth of field on the double page spread. This made the photo more intriguing and was a lot more attractive to the target audience. 


From GCSE media, I had quite a lot of knowledge of Photoshop. However, there was one aspect that I found difficult. This was changing the colour of someone's clothes, while also making sure that it looked realistic. This is why I looked on Youtube, asked teachers and fellow pupils, their way of doing this. From their knowledge, I was able to increase mine and pick the method that I felt produced the best product. An example of changing the colour, is on the contents page, I have changed the colours of someone's shirt to green. Below I have created a video showing the method that I have learnt in manipulating the picture: 








If the video does no work this is the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Em2xbbADwQ

No comments:

Post a Comment